THE HANDCRAFT  SHOP

12 Goodwin’s Court 1905-1912

 

     The original workshop was in a house that had previously been the Bay View Yacht Club at the entrance to the Marblehead Harbor.   Baggs described it in a letter to Binns  “on three sides the windows look out on a harbor filled with fine steam and sail yachts.”














 

Drawing from page 21 of Fall 1980

Marblehead Magazine

The first pottery plant was small.  It consisted of one kick wheel, a turning lathe for trimming and a six burner kerosene kiln.   Next to the work room was a drying room.